Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A Hint of Spring with Violet Trimmings






The first post of an outfit is always a challenge. How does one post without spoiling the final surprise?

I was driving by the thrift shop one evening and a dress caught my eye. The dress stood Regal & Elegant, reminiscent of the Victorian Ball gowns.
As the store was closed when I drove by, Willow was gem and picked the dress up for me, and it was every bit as lovely as I had thought. However, it was only a size 16! Well, with a little seam letting, the dress is now a XS, here are some pictures of the work in progress.


As you can see the dress had small straps on each shoulder, which really took away from the beauty of the dress. I removed these, and tucked up the hem in small, graceful poofs.





I am now in the process of adding embroidery ~ Violate Embroidery ~ ....


The Dress is a light Spring Green, a transparent shade of the green leaves above.
(my lighting isn't very good, nor are my photography skills, I'll have Willow take the professional shots.)

2 comments:

  1. Wow this is so exciting! I cannot wait to see the professional shots and the whole piece (actually I can't wait to see it on with hair done up too :) I'm really getting excited for Vfest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I as well, with every detail I am getting more excited. :) Can't wait to see everyone in costume!

    ReplyDelete