Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Today's project, IKEA Slipcover Makeover, and Next on the agenda


Today's project was to make a chair slipcover for a chair from Ikea that is no longer stocked.  
I received the old tattered slip cover, and was commissioned to remake it in a lovely pinstriped charcoal. (see close up below).  It was a enjoyable one, but a challenge, as I did not have the chair!  First, I took the old slipcover apart, numbered each piece, then used each piece as a pattern. I then numbered the underside of the fabric with chalk and piece it all together!

This is the picture sent by my customer, who was very satisfied.  Although, my perfectionist side is telling me that the wrinkles in the arms should be corrected. But, I suppose it is a slip cover, yes?

And what is next on the agenda for Ash Tree Meadow Designs?  Well, we have a series of costumes to show you - *drum roll* - the professional photos!  Yay!  

As for me, I will be crafting up a special gift basket for our giveaway winner, Lisa Bennett.
Who, when presented with a choice of gift basket, chose our Ash Tree Meadow Design Accessory Basket - and I am so excited!  Pictures, of course, to follow!

 

This is a close up of the new slipcover material

And this is the old, cut and marked :)



No comments:

Post a Comment